Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Wayne Salge at Saks Galleries

Flaps Down, bronze, 20 1/2 x 21 1/2 x 10 inches

Born, raised and educated in San Antonio, Texas, Wayne now resides in Colorado.  In his bronze sculpture, Salge moves beyond anatomically accurate rendering to capture the essence of the personality of a horse, long-horn cattle, or other wildlife.  He says of sculpting the horse, "I'm interested mainly in the overall look of the piece - seeing how far I can push the limits and still capture the horse - rather the different areas being correct. My sculpture can become abstract and people still know what they are."

Madrone, bronze, 28 x 13 x 6 inches

He enjoys finding the balance between the literal and the figurative. "...It's just how I see it," he says of his approach. "Pure abstraction is not as challenging to me. With abstract work you can go in all directions, but that doesn't do as much for me as making something recognizable.  In a way it's more of a challenge."

Visit these and more at Saks Galleries! 

Contact us at 303.333.4144 or info@saksgalleries.com

www.saksgalleries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment